Here are all the best pillows for side sleeper reviews & buying guide 2019. We have many choices in looking for the best pillows for your sleeping needs. We hope that all above information regarding to the best pillows for side sleeper reviews is useful for your determination.
|1||Beckham Hotel Collection Gel Pillow (2-Pack) - Luxury Plush Gel Pillow - Dust Mite Resistant &...||6,159 Reviews||$79.99 from $23.87||Buy on Amazon|
|2||COZYDREAM Hotel Quality Pillows for Sleeping [Set of Two] Premium Plush Fiber, 100% Breathable...||1,201 Reviews||$29.98||Buy on Amazon|
|3||BioPEDIC 4-Pack Bed Pillows with Built-In Ultra-Fresh Anti-Odor Technology, Standard Size, White||1,960 Reviews||$49.99 $31.49||Buy on Amazon|
|4||DreamNorth PREMIUM Gel Pillow Loft (Pack of 2) Luxury Plush Gel Bed Pillow For Home + Hotel...||3,094 Reviews||$34.99||Buy on Amazon|
Importance of sleeping to our life
Sleeping is regarded as one of the most important commodities that we must get enough of. It plays a very important role in our good health and well-being throughout the life. Getting enough quality sleep helps protect our mental and physical health, quality of life, and safety. Because during sleep, our body is working to support functions of brain and maintain our physical health. That is reason why getting enough quality sleep is especially vital to children and teenagers because it helps support their growth and development.
We cannot go days by days without getting enough sleep because it surely will affect our productivity, and cause lots of problems that we will encounter. Thus, it is necessary to find a perfect sleep formula that we can adapt to in order to get our healthy sleeping habits.
Choosing the best pillows for our sleep
You know, our sleeping positions we have contribute much to the comfort and habits that we develop over time. Many people sleep on their sides while many others prefer their back or stomach, and many others prefer all sleeping methods. Our foremost concern is how well our neck and spine are supported, for comfort and for no stiffness or backaches when we wake up the next morning.
Advantages of choosing a correct pillow:
Above explanation shows us reason why choosing the best pillows for side sleepers, back sleepers and stomach ones for great sleep is important. It is shown by the scientists that 20% of our sleeping area is our pillow. So, we often want to buy the correct pillow for our comfort during sleeping. Many people may not even realize the existing pillow is causing them to lose sleep because the body is not relaxing when they sleep. A correct pillow helps support our neck, shoulders, and spine with our head being the major concern to contour to this area of our body; a correct pillow helps fill in the space from the bed to our shoulders; and a correct pillow helps our head feel embraced.
People who sleep on sides need a firm pillow to fill in the space between outside shoulder and ear. For a good night’s sleep, the body should always be in a neutral position. Thus, side sleeper pillows have its own particular features.
Health benefits are the significant reason for side sleeper’s pillows. This kind of pillows brings us great sleep with the proper support and pressure relief. To a side sleeper, a best pillow would follow the curves of neck, upper spine, and head; help us have no muscle tension to rest soundly, and no shoulder pressure. Sleeping on our sides, we will not snore like those who sleep on their backs.
Criteria in choosing the best pillow:
There are many factors affecting the quality of your sleep. One of these factors is your pillow. A correct pillow must ensure the height, the weight, material, and other factors that are right for you and good for your sleep. A wrong pillow can exacerbate headaches, neck and shoulder tension. Determining what the best pillow is for you based on your sleeping habits will help ensure that you wake up refreshed and ready for a new day.
So, choosing the best pillow may follow the below criteria:
- Your preferred sleeping position: As mentioned above, some people sleep on their back, some sleep on their side and some others sleep on their stomach. Of course, your sleeping position is important for choosing the correct pillow. For example:
- For a stomach sleeper, a soft, fairly flat pillow is more suitable than the other kind. Even for this kind of sleeper, you may not need pillow at all. A soft pillow will allow your neck to stay more in line with your spine.
- For a back sleeper, you’d better to look for a medium thick pillow. Do not need a too thick pillow because it may push your head too far forward. Meanwhile a too soft pillow may sink down your head to the mattress. Thus, if you are a back sleeper, you may want a pillow thicker and firmer on the bottom in order to provide a bit of neck support.
- And in case you are a side sleeper, you will need a thicker, firmer pillow because it will help support your neck.
- Determining your pillow filling. There are many types of pillows with different things to offer. When choosing the correct pillow for you, you need to consider your medical issues. Of course, the best pillow for shoulder pain person will be different from the best pillow for neck pain person and also different from the best pillow for back pain person or best pillow for snoring or for side sleeper with sleep apnea. Or if you have asthma or allergies, or chronic neck pain, a particular filling is necessary.
You also need to remember that you need to consider the cost also, because some pillow fillings may be more expensive than others.
Regarding to the pillow filling, we may list some kinds as below:
- A down or feather pillow is typically made from the inner plumage of geese or ducks. More firmness suits side sleepers while less loft is good for back or stomach sleepers. It can last up to 10 years; and because it is made of a natural material, its typical characteristic is resilient and breathable so it may be best pillow for side sleeper with sleep apnea. However, be aware of difference between a down pillow and a feather pillow. A down pillow is very light and soft, and is usually located underneath the harder, stronger feathers, while feather is likely harder. Though there is no scientific evidence that down or feather pillows exacerbate allergies or asthma, some people prefer to avoid them. Even some people think that it is not the best pillow for baby. Of course, in case you wish to avoid down/feather pillows for ethical reasons or due to your asthma or allergies, synthetic versions are available.
- A wool or cotton pillow is suitable for people who suffer from severe allergies because it is not susceptible to dust mites or mold. However, these pillows are quite firm so may not be much suitable for stomach sleepers. Thus, in case you are a stomach sleeper, but you also want a hypoallergenic pillow, you may find a very thin wool or cotton pillow.
- A latex pillow is made from the sap of rubber trees, so it is elastic and resilient. This kind of pillow is mold resistant so very good for allergy sufferers. Another characteristic of a latex pillow is cooler than memory foam as said below, and it can form to fit your head and neck.
- A memory foam pillow is made of polyurethane, mixed with additional chemicals. It can be called the best pillow for shoulder pain and also the best pillow for neck pain because it can support well in case you have neck, jaw, or shoulder problems. It is long lasting and good at forming to your head and neck contours. However, its material can make users hot.
- A positional pillow (a lower case n-shaped pillow) is one of the best pillows for side sleepers with sleep apnea because it helps people with sleep apnea stay in the ideal position. It also helps reduce tossing and turning throughout the night.
- Anti-snore pillows are designed for people with snoring so it is the best pillow for snoring. It helps position the head so that the airways keep open by lifting the chin away from the chest.
- Cool pillows are designed to absorb head heat and to keep you feeling cool.
- Oxygen pillows are to promote the air circulation, help you breathe more freely and deeply while you sleep.
- The best pillow for baby who likes sleeping on sides is the pillow that offers protection for their head, neck and spine, but there will not be much space between the mattress and their heads to fill up.
- Pregnant women need a lot of support for their stomach area, so they may appreciate a side sleeper pillow that is both firm, yet moldable. So, shredded memory foam is a great choice; it can be called the best pillow for pregnancy because it fully supports, but it is easy to bend to wrap around their body as it changes.
Thus, you should read the best pillows for side sleeper reviews online before going shopping, especially if you are planning of buying a special pillow.
Let’s further explore the best pillows for side sleeper reviews in the below parts with top 10 best pillows for side sleepers 2019 herein below:
- Made in USA by Coop Home Goods – a top brand in bedding accessories; 100% U.S. Made CertiPur-US Certified Foam.
- This is a top best pillows for side sleepers. Its cover is made of 40% Bamboo and 60% Polyester, providing the exact comfort needed by a side sleeper. It also well support for your head when sleeping. Many customers evaluate this pillow is really awesome and amazing. It is washable, dust mite proof, hypoallergenic, and it doesn’t get hot. A very special thing is that, if you aren’t absolutely satisfied with its quality, you can return it within 30 days for a full refund without any questions asked.
This kind of pillow provides everything that makes a good sleep for any sleeping position, especially is the best Pillows for side sleeper.
This special cover is made from bamboo, polyester and lycra for you to get the best night’s sleep. Its micro-vents enable easy blood circulation. As bamboo has great absorption properties so moisture, sweat & heat will prevent to produce bacteria.
As you know, bamboo is an environment-friendly product to make a great fabric. It’s soft and comfy. Especially, the good combination of bamboo, Lycra & polyester creates one of the best materials for bedding fabrics. Many customers said it’s long-lasting and feels like silk or satin. Of course, it’s washable so your memory foam pillow is made sure to be always fresh and ready for you to enjoy a good night’s rest.
Memory foam pillows are an excellent option for sleeping as they are firm where you need best support for your spine and muscles, and they are soft where you want them soft for superior comfort. With 2 below reasons, the shredded pieces of foam work much better than a solid sheet of foam:
- They maximize air flow for lower heat buildup;
- They let you shape the pillow quickly. (Its shape ability enables you to curve the pillow to your spine & support your back, to cover it around your chest and stomach for front support, or you may put it between your knees to keep your hips aligned throughout the night).
A Memory Foam Pillow is ranked as one of the best pillows for Pregnancy. The resilient foam of the Snuggle-Pedic Memory Foam Pillow offers orthopedic support to help relieve tiring muscles and avoid stress on the hips, lower back and shoulders – sleeping problems that pregnant women always face.
The Shredded Memory Foam Pillow made by Good Life Essentials has all the features of an excellent pillow. It cradles the head perfectly to promote correct spinal alignment and it provides better air circulation so that users are kept cooler for longer.
Normally, your sleep may be disrupted because your pillow becomes too hot or when your head “sinks” in the middle of the pillow. This case will never happen to you with the Shredded Memory Foam Pillow from Good Life Essentials.
Note: The product currently unavailable and We don’t know when it come back.
Surely the Down Alternative side sleeper pillow from Five Star is your great choice if you prefer to sleep on a feather pillow rather than a thick memory foam one.
Note: The product currently unavailable and We don’t know when it come back.
This pillow is one of the best pillows for side sleeper. It is a 100% Visco-elastic memory foam pillow with features of Active Air Technology for 400% greater airflow, helps you sleep cooler and better. Its cover also includes a very special material to help regulate body temperature, to reduce tossing and turning for a more comfortable sleep during the night. The cover is also removable and washable. Side sleepers highly appreciate its two-inch gusset as it provides extra loft and comfort.
The large 16 x 22 size is great for all support perfectly. As this kind of pillow seems to be heavy, it is actually a wonderful weight if you are used to the differences between a solid support side sleeper pillow and a common department store one.
As commented by customers, this pillow is the perfect balance of firm and plush softness. It eases the pain and stiffness in neck and back. Especially, it does not lose its shape over time.
MALOUF Z 100% Natural Talalay Latex Zoned Pillow is made with 100% natural Talalay latex with no synthetic additives. This pillow offers a responsive foam to help relieve sleeping pains. Its zoned comfort cradles the head with larger holes on the inside and supports the neck with smaller holes on the outside, this special design helps increase air circulation and breathability. The pillow has a luxuriously soft rayon from bamboo velour cover that is really excellent for sensitive skin and temperature regulation.
Main features of this pillow:
- Made of 100% natural Talalay latex, without any synthetic additives
- Zoned comfort cradles the head and supports the neck
- Special design for increasing air circulation and breathability
- Rayon from bamboo velour removable cover
The Z by MALOUF 100% Natural Talalay Latex Zoned Pillow that is extra thick and luxurious is a great choice for side sleepers. Despite being made of solid memory foam, this pillow does not get hot because it has thin and drilled precision tubes running through the foam, creating a comfort zone of air control to relieve heat and to keep it cool.
Unlike the traditional latex memory foam, the Talalay Latex is more resilient, so you can adjust more quickly as you move through the night. It is able to conform to your body faster so that if you shift during sleeping, it always gives you totally great support. Talalay latex is naturally mildew resistant and hypoallergenic also so it becomes a good choice of many customers.
This is an excellent choice for the side sleeper pillow. Its high-quality aerated memory foam provides you great support, promotes body alignment and improves your sleep quality.
The pillow’s cotton cover is removable and ultra-soft. It is silky-smooth and hence that will not irritate even the sensitive skin. The memory foam is also much ventilated, help regulate your body temperature and improve air circulation. Thus, with this pillow, never will you feel too hot or too cold. This kind of pillow is also very effective in terms of lessening possible disruptions to your sleep.
Aside from resistance with dust mites, this pillow can also resist the growth of mold and bacteria, so it is ideal to reduce the risk of allergic reactions.
This pillow is made in USA and is designed to keep its shape well, no matter how much you toss and turn. It is easy to wash. You can put in the washing machine with gentle, and air dried mode.
The luxurious synthetic down fiber in the pillow emulates the finest European white goose down. With feature of completely adjustable easiness, the pillow conforms to your head and neck that offers you the best comfort and support.
Moreover, its four-and-a-half inch gusset provides perfect support for sleepers on sides. The pillow cover is made of 100% cotton and it is hypoallergenic.
With the Mediflow Original Waterbase Pillow, surely you can have the best night’s sleep due to its outstanding comfort, and responsive support for your head and neck.
The pillow is designed by one of the leading manufacturers of sleep systems. It is like a waterbed mattress, giving comfortable and soothing feeling to lay on, and keeping you in the correct position during sleep.
There is a rugged and durable liner that is fillable inside the Mediflow Original Waterbase Pillow. With this liner, you can add the water adjust the height of the pillow as you need. With this special feature, you can add or remove as much water as you need to get the perfect height of your pillow in order to ensure your head position.
The pillow case is 100% cotton so it keeps you stay cool all night long.
This pillow offers you a comfortable night’s sleep because you may customize your pillow’s support and height in accordance with your need.
Clinically, the pillow has even been proven to help in the reduction of snoring so it can be called one of the best pillows for snoring. No other pillow, but Buckwheat Pillow by ComflyComfly will provide that kind of personalization. Only it provides the pillow user such an unique feature that you decide how much American-grown, top grade quality buckwheat hulls you want to add or remove for your pillow.
Buckwheat hulls help to maintain the neutral positions of their necks and heads while sleeping. For side sleepers, a pillow that conveniently conforms to the shapes of their bodies is a great gift. This pillow is different from the pillows made of down feathers, foam or some other fills as it enables more air to flow easily and circulate better. It means, the pillow will not retain heat and keep the user cool and comfortable even on warm or hot summer nights.
Herein above are all the best pillows for side sleeper reviews. We have many choices in looking for the best pillows for your sleeping needs. We hope that all above information regarding to the best pillows for side sleeper reviews is useful for your determination.
I’d love to hear your views on this…!
Last update on 2019-08-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API