Sleeping is one of essential activities of humans since it helps us heal and recover. Sleeping time is when your entire body is put in a relaxing condition, facilitating the metabolism system and other organs in maintenance and recharging. Without enough sleeping, you will suffer exhaustion and some serious symptoms. However, some people get enough sleep but still wake up with tiredness and tenacious pain. One of the reasons, based on scientific study, is that they have had wrong sleeping positions the night before.
Wrong sleeping positions may result from subjective and objective sources. It can be your sleeping habits like you usually curl yourself up or sleep on one side during the night. At this point, mattress and pillows come to serve. You might have heard about head pillows or body pillow (the longer one) for a side, back and stomach sleepers which support them to shape the right position. But have you ever heard of a knee pillow? Knee pillow is both strange and magically useful just as its unusual name! Interested to know more? Of course, those with painful hips, lower back or permanently side sleepers mustn’t skip this article! Continue to read as we take you to, maybe, the pillow of your life!
Knee pillow, as you can imagine from its name, is the one that is used between your knees. The question may appear in your head now is “Why do I need a pillow between my knees?”. So, for most side sleepers when they are sleeping, they usually have one leg putting over the other. This can exert a strain on the knees and also put your spine, hip and lower back in uncomfortable positions since you have to balance your legs or twist your hip while crossing your legs. This explains why you wake up with pain in your back, hips and sometimes your entire leg.
So how can a knee pillow help you?
- It helps support the lower body by positioning your legs, hips, knee, and spine in the right anatomical alignment.
- It reduces stress on your knees by evening out the pressure on your legs and keeping them wider apart.
- It prevents your hips from rotating and your body from angling over during the night.
- It adds comfort, wipes out pressure and muscle tension in your lower back and hips by preventing your upper leg from pulling your spine.
- It supports the lower body by positioning your legs, hips, knee, and spine in the right anatomical alignment.
- It is ideal for pregnant women who feel uneasy with their tummy preventing them from changing to more comfortable positions because it helps promote a better and restful sleep by giving a proper sleeping posture.
Sounds appealing enough to you? But there are dozens of brands that sell knee pillows. How can you pick the right one? If the above information is useful to you, you must keep reading the below text since we are going to present you our top 10 knee pillows based on our thorough research.
For more detail, please read the list review in below:
In conclusion, a knee pillow is not a standard bed product for everyone, but if you are permanent side sleepers and are suffering from back, hips, legs pain or you are in recovery after injury/ surgery, this kind of pillow will make you thank God it exists! When choosing a knee pillow, the first thing you need to consider is its shape. If you are a side sleeper, a hourglass-shape will suit you more, and a trapezoidal prism one will benefit the back sleepers. Size is the next thing you should take into account. Too big or too small is not going to provide optimal comfort. Finally, remember to take a look at its cover (whether it keeps you cool and is easy to wash) and the warranty also. We hope that our carefully studied information has helped you form some ideas in mind before going to pick a knee pillow for yourself!